Sunday, August 30, 2015

FormIt 360 Site Model to Revit 2016

Hey everyone!!!


I decided to illustrate my workflow for conceptual design, in Autodesk Formit360 Pro, for a typical site model and how I use that site model to analyze environmental impacts on my building designs. I then further that design development into the Revit 2016 interface which allows me to be able to use that site massing model as a guideline. This is the process I begin with after sketching, and I wanted to be able to share it with others that may be having a hard time in seeing how Revit can actually be used in the conceptual design phase. In this video I explain how you can bring your sketches into Autodesk FormIt 360 and how you can truly integrate your design process with the digital tools provided for students by Autodesk. I hope you all enjoy it! It's a straightforward process that should be easy to follow so you can integrate the process into your own workflows somehow!

Here's an example rendering of a building I designed for third year architecture school where I used this very process...

Evil Knievel's Museum suspended above downtown Bozeman. Montana. Performance Structure. Lebbeus Woods and Constant Nieuwenhuys were looked to for precedence. Revit model. Rhinoceros was used to generate the voronoi surface.


http://autode.sk/1JvAwkq


The Revit Saver

1 comment: